In a Fog
So the 2005 re-make of John Carpenter’s The Fog comes out in theatres today. I have been waiting for so long to see this film, partially because the original movie was put together on a shoestring budget and proved that you didn’t need lots of gore to put out a really scary movie (and give me the 3 a.m. heebie jeebies – I promise I’ll explain after my next panic attack). Mostly, I was looking forward to seeing two of my favorite TV actors cutting their chops on the big screen for a change. First, the brother-lovin’ Shannon (Maggie Grace) from Lost and second everyone’s favorite Kal El (and I do not mean that wannabee offspring of Nic Cage – oh the humanity….or should I say the Kryptonity?).
But…..there’s always a but and this one? HUGE………it seems the studio has decided not to screen the film the critics. Yikes! That’s a big vote of no-confidence from the studio! This is a more ominous harbinger of box-office failure (and general all-around suckiness) than an NC-17 rating! No wonder Defamer has predicted a paltry $14 million box office for its opening weekend.
Zhe ge ji hua zhen ke pa!
(Look it up; link’s to your right)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home